Work for The North Face
The North Face: Sr. Forecasting Analyst
The North Face
The primary responsibilities of the Sr. Forecast Analyst are to develop forecasts and business analyses to support The North Face's business objectives. The Analyst will develop category, style, and style color forecasts for the seasonal business, utilizing historical demand and preseason data from various sources, including qualitative feedback from key business partners and macro trends. The Analyst will work closely with Supply Planning in developing buy strategies to level load production and minimize capacity constraints, and independently make inventory risk decisions during the seasonal purchasing cycle. Ad-hoc analysis and process development projects will be assigned as needed to support requests from across the organization. The Analyst will be expected to initiate meaningful analysis and projects where they observe a need. This role requires extensive use of Excel, Logility, Brio, Cognos, and other spreadsheet applications.
- Incorporate historical data and market intelligence to build US forecasts at the Business Unit, Product Line, and Style/Color level.
- Develop meaningful analyses and recommendations to support business decisions.
- Work closely with the planning department to determine monthly buys and make inventory risk decisions.
- Anticipate and address potential supply chain challenges before they occur, and work with the appropriate parties to develop and implement innovative solutions.
- Demonstrate expertise in The North Face products & customer-specific needs.
- Forecast in a system using complex models to derive seasonal and monthly demand patterns.
- Represent forecasting in monthly meetings with cross-functional business departments.
- Prepare and present ad-hoc analysis
- Develop open to buy plans to ensure inventory balance.
- Aggregate global forecasts and developing reports to support line planning and global cross-functional analysis.
- BA/BS in Business Administration or Finance or equivalent years of education and experience.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Knowledge of Logility Demand Planning and Cognos BI tools, quantitative methods or statistics a plus
- Strong understanding of supply chain concepts, and how decisions impact delivery and inventory outcomes
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or with a team on a large volume of simultaneous projects
- Motivation, flexibility, and attention to detail are ideal to meet the demands of a fast-paced and passionate environment
- Proficient PC skills (spreadsheets, word processing, database)
15 days ago
The North Facewww.thenorthface.com
Built on innovation, The North Face® brand offers unrivaled, technically advanced outdoor products designed for everyone from the most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, snowsport athletes and endurance athletes to novice explorers in search of adventure.