Work for The North Face
The North Face: Product Manager (Equipment)
The North Face
The Product Manager (Equipment) is responsible for assisting in assigned subcategory’s planning and product creation process from concept through commercialization. They're charged with ownership of assigned marketplace, execution of business plans, sales and margin accountability, calendar adherence, and cross functional leadership. The Product Manager owns relevant information on consumer and competitors. They assist the Product Director in identifying trends, business strategy plans and analysis.
- Assists with assigned subcategory product lines and leads assigned lines in product concept, design, and development process.
- Assists in writing executable seasonal product briefs targeting opportunity and competitive set.
- Presents product information to key internal and external groups in a comprehensive, clear and tactical manner. Comes armed with research, data points and preparedness on category lines.
- Assists work with Marketing Brand Manager to help coordinate and develop category initiative for selling and marketing tools.
- Actively participates in product development cycle including identifying potential issues, solutions for process challenges and to execute sample/prototype production.
- Builds and maintains intradepartmental relationships with all functional areas.
- Attends key account meetings, trade shows, market visits for presentation, relationship building and trend/market research.
- Manages, distributes and maintains all information of assigned product category encompassing hang tags, workbooks, line lists, and CAD books.
- Examines, reports and tracks success and failure of the company's products on the marketplace, and determines reasons for success or failure.
- 3-7 years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in apparel, operations, business or related field.
- Demonstrable successes in managing an apparel or equipment lines.
- Must be detail oriented but able to present the big picture.
- Works effectively within a team.
- Influential in building positive partnerships with cross functional teams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of apparel and/or footwear construction, materials/fabrics.
- Understands materials, fit, function, and end use requirements.
- Forward thinking and strategic skills.
- Strong Retail math skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities in efficient manner.
- Contributions in assisting management of a category.
- Experience in merchandising/buying.
- Travel required: 5>#/li###
2 months ago
The North Facewww.thenorthface.com
Built on innovation, The North Face® brand offers unrivaled, technically advanced outdoor products designed for everyone from the most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, snowsport athletes and endurance athletes to novice explorers in search of adventure.