Work for The North Face
The North Face: Planning Manager (Softgoods)
The North Face
The primary responsibilities of the Planning Manager (Softgoods) are to provide leadership to Analysts in the execution of purchasing based on forecasts and inventory plans. Assures coordinated logic, format and methodology in US and global purchasing. Works and communicates with Sourcing, Sales, Dealer Services and global teams to audit and confirm data, develop strategies and solve problems. Works with Forecasting team to manage open-to-buy and inventory plans. Provides data to Director of Business Planning to support strategic business planning as required. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
- Manages and coordinates the global purchasing process for The North Face Softgoods, to ensure on-time deliverables to Sourcing Team and the market.
- Manages US purchasing to achieve TNF Sales and Operating goals.
- Mentors, develops and trains planners to drive better business understanding and increased efficiencies.
- Provides supply visibility to Customer Service, Sales and Sr. Management.
- Manages purchasing and inventory risk for US and Global within buy plans and purchasing cycles.
- Recommends resolutions to resolve supply issues with Global Sourcing Team and Sales to maximize on-time delivery.
- Builds and demonstrates expertise in management of planning systems, reporting and planning interfaces.
- Day to day management of Planning Team.
- Participates and/or manages Planning projects on an ad hoc basis.
- 5+ years of relevant and progressive experience, including managing a team.
- BA/BS Business Admin or Finance.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Perform work independently on a large volume of simultaneous projects.
- Motivation, flexibility and detail orientation are required to meet the demands of a fast-paced and passionate working environment.
- Proficient PC skills (spreadsheets, word processing, databases).
15 days ago
The North Facewww.thenorthface.com
Built on innovation, The North Face® brand offers unrivaled, technically advanced outdoor products designed for everyone from the most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, snowsport athletes and endurance athletes to novice explorers in search of adventure.