Work for The North Face
The North Face: Designer, W's Mountain Lifestyle
The North Face
The primary responsibilities of the Designer are to provide design work of innovative and technologically advanced products that meet the needs of the company’s customers and end users and which in turn drives company sales and profits. This position should be comfortable designing whole collections around coherent themes, functions, prices, etc. The Designer should be comfortable providing foundation to the design team for a collection, combining all necessary trend, material, and market research into a viable product line. This position is accountable for the creative production of designs to enhance the product category. The Designer brings a track record of skillful technical design with success on the market and within elite end-users.
- Responsible for the high-quality execution of designs in a specific collection or category.
- Works with Product Director and other Designer(s) to give input on line and product direction.
- Execution of individual designs and collections appropriate to product and design brief. Creation of high quality design packages during design process. Use of Illustration and Asst Design resources to support design effort.
- Responsible for proof of concept work by design team.
- Tracks a design schedule to ensure a timely completion following the predetermined product development calendar.
- Researches industry and product periodicals for new information.
- Creates and communicates visual presentations.
- Partners with developers to create innovative and technologically advanced products. Partners with material sourcing to develop innovative fabrications.
- Performs these and other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 5-8 years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Design (apparel), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in flat sketching expertise.
- Hands-on experience with CAD software.
- Experience in creation of design packages and execution of product designs.
- Experience in designing successful products.
- Experience in research and analysis and design cycles.
- Strong knowledge of formulating color palettes.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of apparel construction.
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to present concepts to product teams and review boards in a persuasive manner.
- Strong knowledge of product cycles.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Strong knowledge of aesthetic form and the ability to design for different consumers and end uses.
- Basic knowledge of textile and material construction and properties.
- Basic knowledge of product costs and impact of design.
Design - Product
7 days ago
The North Facewww.thenorthface.com
Built on innovation, The North Face® brand offers unrivaled, technically advanced outdoor products designed for everyone from the most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, snowsport athletes and endurance athletes to novice explorers in search of adventure.