Work for JanSport
JanSport: Financial Analyst
The primary responsibilities of the Financial Analyst is to support the Manager and the Brand CFO in the development and implementation of the annual budget, the monthly forecasts, the strategic plan, and the analysis & reporting of monthly operating results. He/she will work closely with the business unit VPs and department managers to monitor the budget and analyze monthly results. In addition, he/she will provide analytical support to business partners to help drive the company’s operating performance.
- Support the following and provide variance analysis and determine cause of change. Scope includes the P&L, but will eventually include balance sheet, and cash flow statements. Monthly actual, plan and forecast and monthly reporting and analysis, monthly actual package, monthly forecast package, Overall monthly financial package, annual operating plan, strategic plan processes.
- Secondary responsibility for balance sheet and cash flows.
- Coordinate with internal business partners as well as Coalition and VF finance teams in the preparation, implementation, and compliance of management reporting & analysis requirements.
- Drive enhancements in financial reporting and analysis as well as requisite system requirements.
- Provide ad hoc analytical support and perform special projects as needed.
- Support sales with analysis of proposed go-to-market terms and/or programs with customers, to include pricing.
- Currency impact reporting.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3
• 3 years of experience in the FP&A function at a multinational company, preferably in the retail or consumer-related industries.
• Manufacturing experience a plus.
• Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other quantitative disciplines.
• Ability to interpret financial statements, analyze results, and identify key issues.
• Knowledge and experience in financial concepts, budgeting, and forecasting. Strong financial modeling skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience with ERP systems (i.e. SAP), financial reporting tools (i.e. Hyperion), and Excel and MS Office products.
2 months ago
As it’s made packs and outdoor gear since 1967, the JanSport® brand has always been about the journey and the discovery of fun, freedom and adventure. Always innovating, the JanSport® brand designs world-class packs for everyone everywhere that are durable and versatile – for life. And because the brand believes quality products should last, all JanSport® brand packs come with a lifetime warranty.